GET YOUR SYSTEM GOING WITH THIS DETOX DRINK
If you would like to help boost your metabolism and energy and detoxify your digestive system try this detox drink.
Apple cider vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria and balances pH levels. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to lower blood pressure and is great for digestion. Cleanses your system leaving your skin glowing and clear.
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate pH, it also contains vitamin C.
Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidants on the planet. It’s the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.
Cayenne pepper has been shown to drop blood pressure and help increase metabolism. Improves digestion, reduces bloating, increases blood circulation and breaks up mucus and toxins in blocked and clogged arteries, making it great for heart health.
Raw honey is loaded with nutrition can help with everything from low energy to sleep problems to seasonal allergies. Switching to raw honey may even help weight-loss efforts when compared to diets containing sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
• 1 cup of hot water
• 2 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar
• 1-2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tbsp of raw honey
• 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
• 1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
• Combine all of the ingredients, stir well and enjoy!
• The cinnamon and cayenne tend to settle to the bottom, keep stirring as you drink it
• If the ACV is too strong add more lemon and honey
• Fresh ginger is also a fantastic addition to this recipe
• Replace the water with your favourite herbal tea for extra flavour and health benefits