GUT-FRIENDLY PARTY DRINK
If mulled wine does not tickle your fancy, what about this gut-friendly ‘wonder tea’ from Liz Earle? This spiced apple and kombucha drink not only tastes delicious but is rich in beneficial probiotics and will go down a storm at any party as a non-acholic alternative.
• 1 LEMON
• 1 LARGE ORANGE
• 1 LITRE OF CLOUDY APPLE JUICE
• 2CM FRESH GINGER ROOT, GRATED
• 2 CINNAMON STICKS
• 2 WHOLE STAR ANISE
• 1 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
• 1/2 TSP ALL-SPICE
• 1 TSP CLOVES
• 5-6 PEPPERCORNS
• 1 LITRE OF CHILLED KOMBUCHA
SMALL CINNAMON STICKS (OPTIONAL)
• Zest the lemon and orange, then cut the fruits into quarters. Place all the ingredients, apart from the kombucha in a large pan. Heat gently and let it simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
• Depending on whether you like bits in your punch, filter using a sieve and leave to cool.
• To serve, ladle the spiced apple juice into a cup and top up with kombucha. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.