PEAR, CINNAMON & WALNUT PORRIDGE
As the mornings become darker and feel cooler, the best way to start your day is with a bowl of warming porridge. It will also warm you up nicely from the inside out if you have been brave and been for a sea swim!
Deliciously Ella’s creamy pear, cinnamon and walnut porridge is the perfect winter breakfast! It takes just ten minutes or so to make and it’s full of flavour. Get the recipe here.
‘I love baking the pear in thin slices with a little maple and cinnamon, and then throwing in the walnuts at the end so that they go nice and crunchy. I then add them bowl to a bowl of creamy almond milk oats and dig my spoon in!’
We agree, dig in and start your day the right way.
• 1 ripe pear
• 100g of porridge oats, 2/3 cup
• 250ml almond milk, 1 cup
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
• Handful of roasted walnuts, chopped
• Preheat oven to 180c, fan.
• Cut your pear into slices and place them on a baking tray with a tablespoon of maple syrup and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden, adding the walnuts right at the end to toast.
• While your pear is baking in the oven make your porridge; place your oats, milk, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of maple syrup in a pan over a medium heat and cook for around 5-8 minutes until smooth and creamy.
• Once your pears are cooked, place them on top of your porridge with the chopped walnuts and enjoy!