Turmeric, nature’s wonder drug and a bedtime drink recipe
Turmeric, known for is anti-inflammatory properties and used medicinally for over 4,000 years, is excellent for arthritis, skin health, digestion, immune system, and even cancer. Recent studies have confirmed that it may be as effective as 14 different prescription drugs – without the adverse side effects.
It is also loaded with many healthy nutrients such as protein, dietary fibre, niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. Due to all these factors, turmeric is often used to treat a wide variety of health problems.
The effects are so great that in some cultures turmeric is a beverage that is typically drunk before bed. If you’re looking for a way to get a good night’s rest while helping out your insides, then the recipe below is for you.
Delicious Golden Milk Magic in a cup:
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 cups milk of choice (we like coconut milk or almond milk)
- Good pinch of cardamom seeds (optional)
- Good pinch ground black pepper (increases the absorption of turmeric)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or add half a cinnamon stick to the mixture in saucepan pan
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger or ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 tsp raw cocao powder (optional and add more if you like a richer taste)
- 1 teaspoon honey or date syrup or maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients (apart from coconut oil and honey) in a blender until smooth or, alternatively, in a mortar and pestle add all ingredients apart from oil, milk and honey, just add a little coconut oil to make a paste
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan on a low to medium heat until it melts. Pour the milk mixture into a saucepan and heat for up to 5 minutes until hot but don’t let it boil
- Add honey or sweetener of choice to suit taste
Drink immediately, relax and sleep well. Your insides will thank you in the morning!