HOT FRIED BANANAS
A very quick and delicious dessert for those moments when you crave something sweet and feel like indulging. Well, hot fried bananas are always a winner, and you’ll be thanking us after you have whipped this beauty up – you’re welcome! Use your favourite ice cream or yoghurt, we stock diary free alternatives.
Hot bananas, energy trail mix with yoghurt or ice cream
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp*
- 2 bananas – peeled, halved lengthways, then each chunk halved again
- Energy trail mix – 4 heaped tablespoons (unpackaged or Infinity pre-pack)*
- Jersey honey – a dollop (or agave syrup)*
- Vanilla ice cream or yoghurt to accompany – use dairy-free to suit individual diets/lifestyle*
- Lime juice – a squeeze
* ingredients available in store
- Add coconut oil to a frying pan and heat
- Add the bananas and fry on high heat
- Keep turning until crispy golden-brown, no more than 4 minutes
- Add a dollop of honey or agave syrup
- Fry for a few minutes
- Add the Trail mix and fry for two minutes more until caramelised. Keep a careful watch!
- Add the lime juice
Take two scoops of ice cream or yoghurt and add to the serving bowls, add the banana trail mix alongside and serve – heaven in a bowl!