Paleo Bread, you don’t need to miss out!
Bread is what people really miss if they are following a certain eating plan or suffer with food intolerances. The good news is that you don’t have to with homemade Paleo breads, especially with the recipes from Elana’s Pantry.
Elana Amsterdam is the author of the New York Times Best Selling cookbook Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. She gave up grains over a decade ago in 2001 (she was diagnosed with celiac disease) and is known as a pioneer in grain-free cooking and baking, tempting foodies everywhere with her incredibly simple, yet flavourful recipes for dynamic, vibrantly healthy food.
Many people with food allergies can feel overwhelmed by long recipes and certain ingredients but Elana’s recipes are refreshingly short (and mouth-watering) and you won’t feel like you are chained to the kitchen.
She has a a superb collection of Paleo bread recipes, the following one we particularly like as it so easy, does not have a long list of unheard of ingredients (we sell them all too – except the eggs) and tastes great. The Cranberry Almond Bread is also fantastic for a sweet treat as is more like a healthy fruitcake – delicious!
Paleo Bread Recipe
– 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
– 2 tablespoons coconut flour
– ¼ cup golden flaxmeal
– ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– 5 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil and one tablespoon honey (optional)
– Pulse almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt, and baking soda in a food processor
– Pulse in eggs and vinegar, until combined
– Transfer batter to a greased loaf tin – approx 7.5 x 3.5 inch
– Bake at 180 for 30 minutes
– Cool in the pan for 2 hours – necessary to set