AVOCADO & COCONUT DIP
Who doesn’t love avocado and coconut? The two together work beautifully and this recipe, from food writer Annie Bell, is perfect as a side to curries and spicy dishes, or just simply as a dip or smothered on anything!
• juice of ½-1 lime
• flesh of 2 ripe avocados (about 200g)
• 1 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• 1 spring onion trimmed and sliced
• small handful of fresh coriander plus a little extra chopped to serve
• sea salt and cayenne pepper
• Optional: scatter finely slice baby courgettes to add some crunch
• Adding the juice of just ½ lime to start with, whiz all the ingredients to a smooth purée in a food processor. Taste for seasoning and add a little more lime if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl, dust with a little more cayenne pepper and scatter over a little extra chopped coriander.
• Cover and chill until required. It should keep well for up to a day.