IMMUNE-BOOSTING SALAD DRESSING
We thought we would share this super healthy and delicious salad dressing recipe again from our very own nutritional therapist, Liz Sheehan.
This dressing is not only bursting with superfoods and immune-boosting ingredients but it will liven up any salad – we promise! And it takes minutes to rustle up.
Salad dressing recipe:
• 1/2 cup hemp oil or extra virgin olive oil (we sell a selection of oils from Clearspring, Meridian and Hellenic) – Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to support cell membrane function and reduce inflammation
• 1/2 cup HigherNature Apple Cider Vinegar – alkalises the body and is good for skin, hair and nails
• 1 tsp Himalayan Pink salt – contains 84 minerals to remineralise/alkalise your body and also supports adrenal function
• 1 tsp dried basil – supports digestion
• 1 tsp dried thyme – acts as a bacterial defence
• 2-3 cloves crushed garlic – boosts the immune system and supports liver function
• 1-2 tsp gluten-free whole grain mustard – anti-inflammatory
Add all the above ingredients in a glass jar, shake it up and store in your cupboard – will last up to 2 weeks.
Liz Sheehan is in store every Friday from 12pm to 2.30pm for FREE health advice. She will be able to guide you on how to improve your: immune system; stress levels (anxiety and panic attacks); hormone imbalances (PMT, menopause); digestive issues (bloating, wind, IBS, constipation and diarrhoea); joint pains; skin (eczema, psoriasis, acne) and thyroid issues.