Coconut and Lemon Bliss Balls
Diabetic? Love coconuts? Then you will love this recipe taken from The Everything You Need to Know About Diabetes Cookbook even if you’re not diabetic.
These no-bake treats are perfect as a snack, and can even be served as dessert. The sweet coconut and tangy lemon flavours will send your senses off to a faraway Caribbean island!
Coconut and Lemon Bliss Balls Recipe:
About 10 balls
• ⅔ cup (50g) desiccated unsweetened coconut, plus extra for coating
• Scant ½ cup (70g) almond flour
• 3½ tbsp (50ml) coconut oil
• ½ tsp pure vanilla powder
• Grated zest and juice of ½ unwaxed lemon
• Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Using your hands, roll small portions of the mixture into bite-sized balls.
• Spread out some extra coconut in a shallow dish and roll the balls in the coconut to coat.
• Place the balls on a plate or tray and chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so. The balls can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.