SUPER EASY BAKING
This soda bread is not only highly nutritious and delicious but super quick and easy to prepare. The hemp seeds give the bread a slightly crunchy, granary texture, alternatively, you could replace the whole seeds with hemp hearts (inner hulled seeds).
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
325g wholemeal flour
50g hemp seeds
25g hemp seed hearts (dehulled hemp seeds)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
300ml of milk (dairy or plant milk)
1 tbsp lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
1 tsp Honey
A pinch of salt
1)Preheat oven to 200 degs /180 degrees C fan oven. Dust a baking tray with a little plain flour
2) Mix all the dry ingredients together thoroughly.
3) Add the lemon juice/apple cider vinegar and honey to the milk. Wait for five minutes.
4) Make a hole in the flour mixture and slowly pour the milk in and mix together with a knife until the whole thing comes together into a sticky dough.
5) Take the dough and make into a ball. (No needing!)
6) Put the ball on the tray and use a sharp knife to make a deep cross across the top. This helps the dough cook through.
Put in the oven for 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown.